Wild Woman of the West
Posted on August 26, 2013
Each piece we create is individually handcrafted in our Byron Bay studio and given its own unique title and an accompanying story listing the features incorporated within the piece.
This piece titled ‘Wild Woman of the West’ features:
- Buffalo skull pendant hand carved from naturally shed deer antler.
- Skull pendants hand carved from buffalo horn using a 300-year-old design passed down through generations of a family of carvers.
- Antique hand-cast brass braided beads from Tibet.
- Cowry shell clusters from East Timor.
- Brass beading and brass chain detail on knotted kangaroo hide leather on an adjustable brass chain.
- AUD $509
Width of buffalo pendant: 5cm
PLEASE NOTE: Length is measured from the clasp at the back of neck to the end of the piece. The piece is fastened at its longest point for this measurement. Width is measured at the widest point of the main feature. Due to the handcrafted nature of this product sizing may vary slightly from the dimensions listed. Deer naturally shed their antlers. When purchasing antlers for production of our hand carved skulls, we ensure we utilise the whole antler by also carving miniature skulls that we incorporate into many of our one-off pieces.