Posted on September 22, 2012
Ms Moss is undeniably a chameleon of epic proportions, a modern day muse and undoubtedly one of the most photographed women of today.
Although Kate has been around for what seems to be an eternity, she has only really come on to my radar in the last few years. With each image that graces itself across my eyeballs, I find myself muttering out loud “wow”, “oh wow”, “WOW”.
Here are some facts about this incredibly diverse and talented woman you may not have known.
- Kate Moss’ mother Linda was a barmaid, and her father Peter was a travel agent. They separated when Kate was 13, one year before she was discovered.
- In 1989 Moss was discovered at age 14 at the JFK Airport in New York on her way back from a family holiday in the Bahamas.
- At 5’6 and a half, Moss is 2” under the industry standard for models.
- Moss accidently set her rehab room on fire with a meditation candle in 1998.
- In 2002 at age 28 Moss gave birth to a little girl, Lila Grace who is now 10 years old.
- Kate Moss purchased her own 1920’s vintage engagement ring, which Jamie Hince proposed to her with on a trip to Amsterdam.
- Moss has appeared on Oasis’ ‘Be Here Now’ album playing tambourine.
- Prior to breaking up with Pete Doherty, Moss co-wrote 4 songs on the Babyshambles second album Shotter’s Nation.
- It has been alleged by Babyshambles’ singer Pete Doherty that it was his former manager James Mullord who sold photographs to the Daily Mirror for approximately US $400,000 of Kate Moss snorting white powder at a Babyshambles’ recoding session.
- Kate Moss is a self confessed lover of magic, Kate Middelton, and also jam (the type you put on scones).